We are open to the public Tuesday through Saturday 12:30pm-4:30pm We are by appointment only, please give us a call at (706)867-7297
The mission of the Lumpkin County Animal Shelter is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of the people and animals in our County.
Through our mission, we will:
- Educate the public about responsible companion animal ownership
- Help the Lumpkin County Animal Control Unit investigate animal cruelty cases
- Provide compassion and humane care for unwanted, stray, abused, and abandoned animals in our County
- Give adoptable animals a second chance at a forever home
- Humanely euthanize animals when necessary and appropriate
Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Services
The Lumpkin County Animal Shelter has access to multiple options to meet the spay and neuter needs of the pets of our local citizens. Please discuss your needs directly with a staff member so that you may be directed to the best option available to your pet. We have complied a packet of low cost spay and neuter options that are available at our front desk.
Please contact Lumpkin County Animal Shelter for Volunteer opportunities. You can contact the shelter at (706) 867-7297.
The adoption fee for dogs is $100. This includes the Bordetella vaccine, distemper/parvo vaccine, Rabies vaccine, deworming, microchip, heartworm test for dogs 6 months of age and older, started on heartworm prevention, and spay/neuter.
The adoption fee for cats is $75. This includes the distemper vaccine, Rabies vaccine, deworming, microchip, and spay/neuter.