In an effort the reduce exposures and support social distancing recommendations, the Planning Department is limiting access to their office. With this in mind, the department reminds you that many of the forms to conduct business with the department can be found on this page. Fee payments can be taken over the phone. They will still respond to code enforcement complaints with those determined as safety issues given priority, the others will be addressed as resources allow. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please feel free to call them.
Executive Order - Home Building Industry
Governor Issues Executive Order Regarding
Home Building Industry
The Home Builders Association of Georgia continues to advocate on behalf of our members during this healthcare state of emergency. We are grateful to Governor Brian Kemp for his recognition of the service our members provide to their communities and his commitment to keep those services working through this unprecedented crisis. Yesterday, Friday March 20, the Office of Governor Brian Kemp issued the following executive order:
“Reducing Regulations to Assist the State’s Response to the Spread of COVID-19”
Code Enforcement Complaints
Please fill out and submit our Online Code Enforcement Complaint Form for County code violations. Examples of code violations include soil and erosion issues, solid wastes, signs, etc.
- BuildingPermit application 2020 Fillable
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Land Disturbance Permit Application - 2019 (PDF)
- Lumpkin County Building Inspection Guidelines - Revised 02-2019 (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Permit Application - 2019 (PDF)
- Parade, Assemblies, Demonstration and Rallies Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Electrical Permit Packet (PDF)
- Road Acceptance Application (PDF)
- 2017 SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION FILLABLE
- 2017 SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION
- Subcontractor Affidavit (PDF)
- Sub Contractor Affidavit Fillable
- Variance Application (PDF)
- Land Use Inquiry Form (PDF)
- Self Work Affidavit Fillable
Lumpkin County Comprehensive Plan
Occupational Tax Forms (Business License)
- Do I need a Business License (Occupational Tax Certificate)?
- Does my business require a business license?
- Do I need to register my business as a DBA (doing business as)?
- What is an Employer Identification Number (EIN) / Tax Identification Number (TIN)?
- What is a State License?
- How do I obtain a State Identification Number?
- Where can I get a copy of my property plat or deed?
- What do I need to do to record my plat?
- What activities do I need a permit for?
- How do I get a building permit?
- What are the stream buffers?
- Can I disturb the land within the stream buffers?
- Do I need a sign permit?
- What and when can I burn?
- What are the building setbacks in Lumpkin County?
- Does Lumpkin County have zoning?
- How do I get my private road turned over to the County?
- How can I get an address?
- Why is it important to post my address on my house?