Lumpkin County Animal Shelter will be closed December 23rd-26th to observe the Christmas holiday. We will reopen to the public December 27th. If you are experiencing an emergency please call Lumpkin County Sherriff's Office.
Animal Shelter Providing Service by appointment Only
1. Adoption of companion animals by appointment only.
2. Turnaround spay/neuter service by appointment only.
3. Micro-chipping by appointment only
4. Owner Surrenders will be evaluated and by appointment only.
5. Animal control will respond to animal complaints based on priority.
Please contact the shelter at 706-867-7297; we will be glad to answer your questions.
The mission of the Lumpkin County Animal Shelter is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of the people and animals in our County.
Through our mission, we will:
- Educate the public about responsible companion animal ownership
- Help the Lumpkin County Animal Control Unit investigate animal cruelty cases
- Provide compassion and humane care for unwanted, stray, abused, and abandoned animals in our County
- Give adoptable animals a second chance at a forever home
- Humanely euthanize animals when necessary and appropriate
Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Services
The Lumpkin County Animal Shelter has access to multiple options to meet the spay and neuter needs of the pets of our local citizens. Please discuss your needs directly with a staff member so that you may be directed to the best option available to your pet.
Please contact Lumpkin County Animal Shelter for Volunteer opportunities. You can contact the shelter at (706) 867-7297.
The adoption fee for dogs is $95. This includes the Bordetella vaccine, distemper/parvo vaccine, Rabies vaccine, deworming, microchip, heartworm test for dogs 6 months of age and older, started on heartworm prevention, and spay/neuter.
The adoption fee for cats is $65. This includes the distemper vaccine, Rabies vaccine, deworming, microchip, and spay/neuter.