What and when can I burn?

Trash or household waste cannot be burned in Lumpkin County. Yard debris can be burned with a burn permit during certain times of the year (October 1st through April 31st) under the right weather conditions. Call 877-OK-2-BURN (877-652-2876) or visit the Georgia Forestry Commission website to get a burn permit.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get a copy of my property plat or deed?
2. What do I need to do to record my plat?
3. What activities do I need a permit for?
4. How do I get a building permit?
5. What are the stream buffers?
6. Can I disturb the land within the stream buffers?
7. Do I need a sign permit?
8. What and when can I burn?
9. Does Lumpkin County have zoning?
10. How do I get my private road turned over to the County?
11. How can I get an address?
12. Why is it important to post my address on my house?