Athletic Assistant – Part Time
Lumpkin County Parks & Recreation is accepting applications for a part time Athletic Assistant. An athletic background is not required but would be very helpful with this position. An Athletic Assistant has multiple responsibilities and must draw upon various knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics to properly perform their duties. Some of those items include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of athletic practices/games is required
- Knowledge of rule sets for different sports
- Some travel may be required to represent the Lumpkin County at events
- Must be effective and clear with communication
- Provide great customer service.
- Prep sporting areas for practices and games – as sport appropriate
- Oversee athletic program delivery
- Administer program guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Evaluate athletic programs
- Must be able to maintain athletic fields using lawn mowers, weed eaters, edger, sod cutter, ball field drag machines and various hand tools.
- Knowledge of simple routine maintenance of equipment i.e., lawn mower, all-terrain vehicles, required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50lbs., bend, carry, stoop, rake, shovel and drag/line ball fields.
- Required to work outside for extended periods of time in extreme weather, as well as weekends and evenings.
- Also required to perform housekeeping including trash pickup, facility setup, rest room cleaning, mopping and waxing.
- Current GA driver’s license required. Employment contingent upon passing background check and a post offer drug screening.
Send, fax or email the Lumpkin County employment application to:
Director of Community & Employee Services
99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A
Dahlonega, GA 30533