Real Property Appraiser
Lumpkin County is accepting applications for the position of Real Property Appraiser. This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
This position performs field appraisals of the typical types of real and personal property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locates, measures, documents, and values residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial property by conducting on site reviews by measuring structures and sketching improvements;
- Enters data into computer and generates reports;
- Prepare appeals for board of equalization hearings;
- Defends county valuations before board of equalization, arbitration, and/or superior court;
- Researches deeds and plats for valuation purposes;
- Assists other county personnel by providing information regarding property ownership, addresses, descriptions, locations, and values;
- Inspects new construction and major improvements to existing structures to determine values;
- Performs data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion;
- Assists taxpayers with information, questions, concerns and requests.
- Gathers new construction permits from planning office;
- Visits and reviews taxpayer returns;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
Licenses and Certifications:
- Obtain Appraiser “I” Certification within first year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in using computers for data entry;
- Skill in the use small office equipment, including copy machines, calculators, or multi-line telephone systems;
- Mathematical skills to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to organize and communicate effectively.
Employment contingent upon passing a background check, physical exam, and post offer drug screening.
Send, fax or email the application to:
Director of Community & Employee Services
99 Courthouse Hill, Suite A
Dahlonega, GA 30533